Kitchen Countertop Ideas
There are many materials in the countertop industry ready for you to use. Granite, Corian, Quartz, and Marble are just a few of the popularly used stones. But between all of these, which one is the most affordable one? What material is Budget-Friendly?
Ever heard of Laminate? At the early ’40s, Laminate was one of the most used materials in the countertop market (started as early as 1913). In recent years, we have seen a surge of popularity of Laminite, especially because of its affordable price. If you’re on a budget, this is a must to use. Here are a few quick facts about Laminate:
● Price: Cheap when compared to other countertop materials.
● Installation: Easy and quickly.
● Longevity: These countertops last for a while making it a smart investment.
-Brands you can buy this material from are Formica and Wilsonart.
Durability is Everything
If you’re looking for a countertop that is durable and can withstand even the most extreme conditions, then Quartz is the best choice. Unlike other stones, Quartz is an engineered stone, and because of that, it has a unique inner structure. A combination of a high percentage of crushed quartz (about 90 to 94 percent) with a binding polymer resin to create a hybrid material. Quartz has become one of the most demanded material in the market, because of its unique attributes.
Here is what Quartz can do for you:
● Non-Porous: The fact that Quartz is a non-porous material, makes your countertop antimicrobial, a desirable characteristic where hygiene is of concern.
● Heat-Resistant: Quartz can withstand roughly 204 degrees Celsius.
● Scratch & Impact Resistant: As we said before, the build-up of this material can leave you without worries when it comes to this department.
Maintenance Friendly Countertops
If maintenance if the main concern for you when it comes to remodeling your kitchen, then we’re happy to tell you about a few materials that can solve your problem and leave you without any worries.
2) Laminate: Laminate is also considered a non-porous material, making it a smart decision for those of you who worry about maintenance.
3) Stainless Steel: Stainless steel requires no sealing or refinishing, and as it names states, it’s resistant to staining.
Other Well known Countertop Materials
You might have heard this one by name, Granite. Granite has already been around for ages and is truly one of the best materials you can use for your worktop. For many reasons, it has always been considered the best, but there are two materials that can give it a run for its money, Quartz, and Corian. Quartz, as we stated before, is one of a kind stone that can benefit pretty much everybody. But what is Corian?
Corian is a solid material surface that was created by the company DuPont. Corian is composed of acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate (ATH), a material derived from bauxite ore, making this material also non-porous.
Quick facts you should know about Corian:
● A wide variety of colors.
● Easy Maintenance.
On the other hand, Granite has always been a standout material and has more advantages over Corian.
Here are a few of them:
● Granite Adds Resale Value.
● Granite has been around for a longer time than Corian around the market and has proved its credibility.
Cost of the two:
The costs of Corian and granite countertops are pretty comparable. Both are commonly priced in the range of about $40–$65 per square foot.
What is the best Countertop
One of the most popular questions we get is ”What is the best countertop”? In our opinion, there isn’t a definite answer to this. Each individual has a different vision for his ideal kitchen. Every person has his own sets of demand for his remodeling.
When trying to figure out what material works best for you, take into consideration the PROS and CONS of each and see how it fits with your dream renovation.